Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Tamil prayer - from york, UK

I reached York on June 26, 2011, the Last sunday (July 3) I attended service at Trinity Methodist church, 43 Monkgate,York YO31 7PB.



Beautiful church and but not many souls to be seen inside the church, all this in the heartland of Christianity.






Pipe organ in its grandeur.

The service started at 10.30 AM with about 10 people, majority of them were over 65 years old. I had a very warm reception. Since that was the first Sunday of the month, there was a invited organist who played the pipe organ. I stood amazed listening to awesome music from those awesome pipes.

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Dr Peter Doble shared the word of GOD. Towards the end of the service, they prayed for church of south india and interestingly, the benediction was in TAMIL and English. I stood there in complete disbelief, listening to a English man saying benediction in Tamil. After the service, I had tea with the congregation and Dr Doble. Dr Doble was so fluent in Tamil, he told me that it has been more than 35 years since he last spoke in tamil apart from reciting the benediction.

Dr Peter Doble and me

I was taken aback by what all GOD can do. He prays for us in place you least expect, by people who you least expect and he makes them pray for you in your language. 

Dr Peter Doble, congregation of York and people from UK need your prayers. Will you pray for them?  

1 comment:

praveen said...

Pradeep,True indeed.Mainline organised Christianity is in a sad state.Raj Kumar had a similar tale from his experience in Denmark.Lofty Music no longer appeals to the majority of believers.Once ,people from this school of belief travelled far and wide to plant churches ,organs and music.A grand hill side Methodist Church in England is shut down(no believers to sustain even the maintainance) and the local Muslims are asking for this place to be used a a mosque.The Church of England website has info on churches sold/leased/available for lease.But one consolation is that these churches are filled for the Baptisms,Marriages and Funerals.-Praveen

Post a Comment